Monday Morning Walks
Where women who like a later start meet and friendships are made.
- For women who like a later start, join the Monday Morning Walking Group.
- The meeting time is 09:50 AM and the start time is 10:00 AM.
- After hearing a brief message about the walk, we introduce ourselves and then head out to get some exercise and enjoy the beauty of Comox Valley.
- The walk lasts about an hour and afterwards, we get together for coffee.
- Convener: Lori Carter 403-512-8203
Monday Walks Schedule
June 17 – Paradise Meadows, Mt. Washington > Meet @ 09:50AM in the Upper parking lot of Florence Filberg Centre (below Native Sons’ Hall). Coffee @ Eagleview Bistro in Alpine Lodge
June 24- Comox Marina > Meet @ 09:50AM on FIlberg Road, east side of Filberg Park, Comox. Coffee @ The Mill (1761 Comox Avenue, Comox). (We will stop 3/4 into the walk)
July 1 – No Walk > HAPPY CANADA DAY!
July 8 – Nymph Falls > Meet @ 09:50AM in the Upper parking lot of Florence Filberg Centre (below Native Sons’ Hall). Coffee @ Mud Sharks (244-4th Street, Courtenay)
July 15 – Seal Bay – Oceanside > Meet @ 09:50AM in Home Depot Parking Lot (corner of Ryan Road and Lerwick Road). Coffee @ Time Horton’s (394 Lerwick Road, Courtenay)
Friday Walk ‘N Talk
- Our group walks every Friday, rain or shine.
- These lively walks provide our members and potential members with an opportunity to get some exercise in the company of new friends and the chance to get to know the Comox Valley.
- A coffee break at a local shop follows each outing.
- Upcoming walks are listed in the table below. Unless otherwise posted below, the meeting time is 8:50 AM and the start time is 9:00 AM.
- Conveners: Inge Fairman – [email protected]; Marilynne Box – [email protected]; Lydia Romanow – [email protected]
Friday Walks Schedule
June 14 – Seal Bay – Oceanside > Meet @t 08:50AM in the Quality Foods Parking Lot (2275 Guthrie Road, Comox). Coffee @ Quality Foods (2275 Guthrie Road, Comox)
June 21- Nymph Falls > Meet @ 08:50AM in the Lower parking lot of Florence Filberg Centre (411 Anderton Avenue, Courtenay). Coffee @ Mud Sharks (244-4th Street, Courtenay)
June 28 – Paradise Meadows, Mt. Washington > Meet @ 09:00AM at the Curling Rink (will car pool). Coffee @ Alpine Lodge (Mt. Washington). This walk will include both alumni groups as well.
July 5 – Comox Parks > Meet @ 0850 AM on Filberg Road, east side of Filberg Park, Comox. Coffee @ the Summer Kitchen in Filberg Park.
July 12 – Wildwood Forest > Meet @ 08:50AM in the Lower parking lot of Florence Filberg Centre (411 Anderton Avenue, Courtenay). Coffee @ Mud Sharks (244-4th Street, Courtenay)
July 19 – Morrison Creek Greenway > Meet @ 0850 AM in River Heights Church parking lot (2201 Robert Lang Dr., Courtenay). Coffee @ Common Ground/Yellow Deli (596-5th Str., Courtenay)
July 26 – Valleyview Greenway & Hurford Hill Park > Meet @ 0850 AM in Crown Isle Golf Club parking lot at the back (Ryan Road & Crown Isle Dr, Courtenay). Coffee @ Timber Room Bar & Grill, Crown Isle Golf Club.
Wednesday Brisk Walks
- This walk is faster paced than the Friday morning walk and may contain hills.
- We meet every Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. at various locations and walk for an hour. You will be notified each week of the upcoming walk location.
- Alumnae welcome.
- Conveners: Laurie Martz, [email protected]; Leslie Thurlborn, [email protected]; Carol Imai, [email protected]
Dog/Partner Walk – Joint Activity with GNNA
- This walk is for anyone who enjoys dogs. The dogs will be different ages and sizes, thus some may be more or less energetic than others.
- Sign up at the general meeting or contact the convenor.
- A combined activity with Glacier Alumnae and Comox Newcomers.
- Partners welcome.
- Meet every Thursday morning at 9:3O a.m. at various off leash locations in the Comox Valley – to be determined by the Convener.
- Please check your email in case of cancellations: you will be notified no later than 8:15 the day of the walk.
- Convener: Irene Cavalli, [email protected]