Monday Morning Walks
Where women who like a later start meet and friendships are made.
- For women who like a later start, join the Monday Morning Walking Group.
- The meeting time is 09:50 AM and the start time is 10:00 AM.
- After hearing a brief message about the walk, we introduce ourselves and then head out to get some exercise and enjoy the beauty of Comox Valley.
- The walk lasts about an hour and afterwards, we get together for coffee.
Convener: Lori Carter > 403-512-8203; [email protected]
Monday Walks Schedule
August 26 – Royston to Cumberland RailwayTrail > Meet @ 09:50AM in Marks Work Warehouse parking lot (3267 Cliff Avenue, Courtenay). Coffee @ Royston Roasting Company (3904 Island Hwy (19A) South)
September 2 – LABOR DAY – no walk
Friday Walk ‘N Talk
- Our group walks every Friday, rain or shine. These lively walks provide our members and potential members with an opportunity to get some exercise in the company of new friends and the chance to get to know the Comox Valley.
- A coffee break at a local shop follows each outing. Upcoming walks are listed below.
- Unless otherwise posted below, the meeting time is 8:50 AM and the start time is 9:00 AM.
Friday Walks Schedule
August 30 – Seal Bay, Ocean Side > Meet @ 0850 AM in Quality Foods parking lot (2275 Guthrie Rd., Comox). Coffee @ Quality Foods (2275 Guthrie Rd., Comox). Walk Leader: Hanni Bernet
September 6 – Puntledge River walk & Fish Hatchery > Meet @ 0850 AM at Puntledge Park (parking on 1st Street opposite Urquhart Ave., Courtenay). Coffee @ Common Ground/Yellow Deli (596-5th Str., Courtenay). Walk Leader: Marilynne Box
September 13 – Courtenay Airpark > Meet @ 0850 AM in parking lot on Mansfield Drive off Cliff Ave., Courtenay, near Sunwest RV Centre). Coffee @ Bayside Cafe (2760 Cliff Ave., Courtenay). Walk Leader: Elaine Brown
September 20 – Point Holmes & Cape Lazo > Meet @ 0850 AM at John’s Independent Grocers (215 Port Augusta Str., Comox). Coffee @ The Mill Cafe ( 1761 Comox Ave., Comox). Walk Leader: Lydia Romanow
September 27 – Nymph Falls (any direction) > Meet @ 0830 AM in lower parking lot at Florence Filberg Centre (411 Anderton Ave., Courtenay). Coffee @ Cardero’s Cafe (232 – 5th Str., Courtenay). Walk Leader: Diana Guinn
Wednesday Brisk Walks
- This is a combined activity with the Comox Valley Alumnae.
- This walk is faster paced and may contain hills.
- We meet every Wednesday at 3:20 pm for a 3:30pm departure. Walks are at various locations and are for an hour. You will be notified each week of the upcoming walk location.
- Visiting guests of a Comox Valley Newcomers member or Comox Valley Alumnae are welcome. All guests must complete a waiver.
Dog/Partner Walk – Joint Activity with GNNA
- This walk is for anyone who enjoys dogs. The dogs will be different ages and sizes, thus some may be more or less energetic than others.
- Sign up at the general meeting or contact the convenor.
- This is a combined activity with Glacier Alumnae and Comox Newcomers.
- Partners are welcome.
- We meet every Thursday morning at 9:3O a.m. at various off leash locations in the Comox Valley – to be determined by the Convener.
- Please check your email in case of cancellations: you will be notified no later than 8:15 am the day of the walk.
Convener: Irene Cavalli > [email protected]